The Snook Crew

The Snook Crew

Monday, April 6, 2009

Vinyl projects

I have had some fun with the Cricut and vinyl. I have learned it is very fun to do and gives me some craft time, which I desperately need. Here are a few of the projects that I have been working.

This is our family portrait collage. You can see that right now, we just have pictures of a really cute dog and little boy. Unfortunately, as cute as they are, I cannot claim either. We do still need to get family pictures LOL. But the collage is done and I am so proud of it. We will do a family pic in the big middle. Then under live we will have a picture of the kids and under love we will have a picture of Jim and I. Then on the bottom we will have a picture of Jim and the boys and then a picture of Abby and I. In the middle between Families are Forever will be a picture of the Portland Temple, where Jim and I were sealed. Hopefully with the nice weather, we will be getting family pictures soon and I will post an updated with all the pics in their propers places.
When we first moved into the house, we wondered what we would do with this ledge. As you come into the front door you face this wall into the kitchen. The ledge above the doorway to the kitchen extends the whole wall and actually turns the corner into the dining room. I though it would be fun to get a picture of each child up there. When that was done, I thought that maybe it needed just a little bit more, so I added each childs name in Vinyl under their picture. I think it turned out pretty good.

Plus those are the pictures that Jim (own personal photographer) took for us in lue of school portraits. We had a bad school picture year and have decided to never go with school pics again, just Daddy Pics. LOL.
I am excited for more Vinyl projects around the house. I want to do one more for the living room with my favorite quote. Then I will do one for Abby's room and one for my bedroom. I will think about the boys rooms. Not sure what to do with that. We will have to see.

1 comment:

Sherron said...

The projects look beautiful! Now I know why you have 6 kids, to fill in the wall with pictures! Or perhaps there is a more profound purpose?! The wall looks awesome! I think that you are lucky to have a photographer in the family. Who will take the family photo though?
Happy birthday!