The Snook Crew

The Snook Crew

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bountiful Basket

This was my first experience with Bountiful Baskets. It is a fruit/veggie co-op thingy sweeping the country. Some wonderful friends had family in other areas participating and worked really hard to get it going up here in Spokane. You go to their website www.bountifulbaskets.org find your area, register, and every week you go on and sign up for how ever many baskets you want. Then Saturday morning you go and pick up your basket(s). It is $15 and this is all that I got.
There are green beans in the 3 bags, celery, corn on the cob, broccoli, lettuce, carrots, cantaloupe, oranges, apples, bananas, strawberries, and plums. Not sure that we will go through all of it in 1 week, but WOW look at all that food. It seems that there is something for everyone. Abi is very excited about the strawberries and Tyler is wanting to cut into that cantaloupe right away. We will enjoy some corn on the cob for dinner tonight and now I have salad stuff for work this next week.

Anyway, first experience with Bountiful Baskets, so I thought I would share. If interested go to the website and see if they have a co-op in your area. If they don't, find someone willing to head it up and get it organized in your area because it seems to be well worth it.

In other news, the family is great. Kids are enjoying their summer at home. They are ready for school to start all ready though. I am glad I have kids who love school and learning as much as I do. Tyler has read almost the whole series of Pendragon since Easter when he got the first book in his basket. That is 10 books. He has us all hooked so Jacob and I are working on the series as well. Noah is enjoying getting Percy Jackson read to him. We are on Book 2 of that series. I personally cannot wait for Mockingjay to come out, the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series. A Summer of Books, what can be better.

1 comment:

Boyd and Melissa said...

Hey Tree! I found your blog but don't know how to descreetly give you my email. Maybe you could get a hold of Sherron and maybe she still has my phone number. I need to look around and see if I have hers somewhere too. I'm not too good at keeping addresses and numbers organized. I haven't heard from anyone since we almost planned a reunion. I would still like to do one sometime within a year, maybe the BYU Women's conference and we can stay in Utah? I've always wanted to go to that and this would be a good excuse and some good company to go! I think it usually is in May?
Melissa