The Snook Crew

The Snook Crew

Friday, June 11, 2010

Answer to Prayers

We have been very blessed lately with a lot of answers to our "small" prayers. We are gaining testimony everyday of the power of prayer. All these little prayers add up to faith building experiences, whic is so wonderful. Here are just a few examples that I can think of over the last few months for the Snook's.

  • We have been looking for a piano to add to our house. It is something that we have been wanting for a very long time. Nothing we have ever sat down and prayed as a family about, but something that is always a prayer in my heart. One night a thought just popped into my head to ask on Facebook if anyone knew anyone getting rid of a piano. That same day I had a friend reply that they had one that they were going to list on Craigslist for free literally the next day. Needless to say, we have a wonderful piano downstairs in our living room as I type.
  • Tyler is loving math and really grasps concepts with the piano. They say this goes together. We have wanted to get him into some kind of musical lessons for a while now. Now that we have a piano, we have also found a lady in our church that is giving him lessons.
  • Jim texted me at work one day desparate because they could not find Jameson's binkie. He was still very addicted to the darn thing and having a very hard time going down for a nap. I guess the kids and dad looked through the whole house and could not find it. When I got home, Tyler told me that he felt so bad for Jameson that he went and said a prayer to help find the binkie. Apparently, a few minutes later Jacob came up from his bedroom with the binkie in his hand. It had fallen onto one of the bean bag chairs.
  • Tyler's 6th grade daycamp adventure to Camp Sweyolakan was scheduled for this last Wednesday. Tuesday was a gorgeous sunny day. Unfortunately, Wednesday we woke up to downpours. On my way to work, I felt so bad for the poor 6th graders I said a little prayer as a was driving. A few hours later, the rain was totally gone. Tyler said that it only drizzled a bit when they first got there, but they were inside for art stuff anyway. By the time they went out to do all the outdoor adventure stuff, the rain was gone. Still cold, but no rain so they were able to enjoy their time at Camp.
  • I have been lacking time to do a lot of things lately, one of the most important is reading my scriptures. I have an ipod, so I have been trying to get the scriptures on CD so that I could put them on the Ipod and listen when I have a chance. Sometimes at work when I am going to file for an hour or so, I listen to music on my Ipod. I thought times like these would be perfect for scripture "study" instead. I have looked at the library, with friends, etc. and just have not been able to find any CD's of the scriptures. It has been very frustrating over the last few months of searching. I have had a prayer in my heart that some kind of answer would come. Well, last month, my prayer was answered. I went to a Relief Society Mini-conference. We all little classes all morning that you could pick from. My first class I chose to go to was "Your own personal Liahona" which I felt I needed as I was searching to find that all important scripture study (liahona) time. In her discussion with the class, the teacher mentioned that she had issues of finding time to read her scriptures while working and having young children at home (sound familiar). She was told about how on LDS.org you can download the MP3 files of the scriptures to listen to. She was able to download them all and then burn them to CD and listen in a walkman (giggle inside at the advances in technology). HELLO! Could that be any clearer of a message! The rest of the class was so much more, but that one little sentence was so important for me to hear. I am so grateful that I chose to go so my prayer could be answered. You bet that I went straight home, got the files downloaded, and now enjoy listening to my scripture reading on my Ipod while driving too and from work, during work hours when filing, and sometimes at night after the kiddos are in bed. Makes this one more thing on my list to do each day just a bit easier!
It is amazing how each of these times, I have felt a distinct spirit associated and my testimony on faith has grown bit by bit. We have some "big" prayers we are needing answers to, mostly centered around a career type job for James. I know that these prayers will be answered in time. Will that be now or in 10 years. I dont know, but I know thos prayers will be answered and the perfect opportunity for James will come.

Anyway, I have a solid testimony that prayers are answered. Whether big or small, our prayers (whether spoken or in our hearts) are heard by our Father in Heaven and answered. Just saying!

No comments: