The Snook Crew

The Snook Crew

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Random Blogging

So have you ever seen the little "next blog" button at the top of the screen. Every once in a while I click on it just to see what I get. Sometimes it is nothing special at all, sometimes it is something I wish I had not seen, but every once in a while it is a special little nugget that makes a lasting impression.

This is what I found tonight. This lady apparently follows a friends blog who has a daughter with down's syndrome...

So here is what she said today:"Nella had her four month appointment yesterday.And, amid most of the time where I honestly forget she's different, I am reminded every once and awhile. Like getting ready to go to the doctor and feeling a little flutter inside. Like what if they tell me something. Like what if they rock my world again. Like what if one of those "increased likelihoods" that happen to attach themselves to that sweet little chromosome comes true. But, here's the thing. Once you become a parent...once you start feeling a little funny and you buy that pregnancy test...once you see a pink plus sign...once you know it's not just you anymore...well, you automatically carry around, for the rest of your life, an increased likelihood. To have your heart broken. And it's a constant fear that we struggle to put to rest.And we can choose to be afraid or we can choose to live. And I choose to live. Because an "increased likelihood of having your heart broken" also carries with it an increased likelihood to find yourself the happiest you've ever been in life."

What a wonderful attitude and how true is that. I am trying to remember that last part and the "increased likelihood" to find myself the happiest! Risks seem scary.... Whether in motherhood or with life in general. There is that increased chance that you will fail, but without that risk we have no increased likelihood to become happy and make our lives better. So, I too choose to live. Life is hard, life is scary, and life can be down right unfair sometimes, but life is also so very enjoyable, so very happy, and so WORTH it in the end. Glad I clicked that button for that little reminder...

No comments: